Monday, February 13, 2017

Miniature Monday: Beach Hut

Today I'm sharing my 1/12th scale Beach Hut.  The original instructions for the structure were in the Miniature Collector Magazine.  This version is slightly modified.  The base was configured in such a way that I was able to create the illusion of a beach with paint, craft sand and resin.
 


Since this was a club project, everyone pitched in to teach a different mini.  We also had a gift exchange and I made 30 of those outdoor showers for everyone in the club.


The palm trees were surprisingly easy to make and I think they look amazing!


I had this beach bum in my collection.  He really knows how to soak in the sun! The small boogie boards were created by my young son who wanted to contribute.  I purchased and made way too many things for this project, and the fish cart didn't make it in because it was too big.  I love the details the artist put into it though and wanted to share it with you guys.


The back wall is actually removable as one unit.  I made it with mat board, wood strips and thin sheet metal.  



Please do let me know if you have any questions!! Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. I love this beach shack! I love your photograph with the sun hitting it. I can't believe you made 30 of those showers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project and yours is really wonderful. I love your photos, especially the funny beach bum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es perfecta, me encanta y me encantan las fotos que le has hecho...Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful!!! I love the doll too.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The little appliances look really great in this hut! The showers you made look so real! It looks like it was a really fun project to make!

    ReplyDelete